ACL Emergency Preparedness, Response and Recovery Listening Sessions
Provide Written Comments
All fields marked with an asterisk (*) must be completed.
Please complete the following:
I am a*:
person/individual with a disability
Address Line 1*:
Address Line 2:
Preparedness (check box to provide comment to question)
1. How do you do to prepare for disasters? Is there anyone that helps you to prepare?
2. What has been most difficult about preparing for a disaster?
Evacuation (check box to provide comment to question)
3. If you ever had to evacuate your home due to a disaster, where did you go, who went with you, and how did you get there?
Response (check box to provide comment to question)
4. If you went to a shelter, what worked well for you at the shelter and what did not? For instance, did you have access to the medical equipment and medications you need? If not, was there someone you felt comfortable talking to at the shelter about your needs or was there someone with you that could share your concerns with shelter staff?
5. If you did not stay at a shelter, what were the problems you encountered during the disaster?
Recovery (check box to provide comment to question)
6. Did you have any other immediate needs following the disaster? If so, were there any barriers to you getting the support you needed?
7. What lingering problems do you have as a result of the most recent disaster you survived?
8. As a result of your most recent emergency/disaster experiences, has there been any changes in your preparedness planning? Do you have access to the information and resources you need to better prepare?
Recommendations (check box to provide comment to question)
9. Is there a person, process or system that needs to be changed to better assist in your emergency planning and preparedness?
Please verify that you are a human:
Enter the Code shown below:*